COVID-19 BC CASE SUMMARY
As of the latest numbers on April 18:
• Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,647
• New cases since April 17, 2020: 29
• Hospitalized cases: 115
• Intensive care: 54
• Deaths: 81
• Recovered: 987
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 20
• Individuals tested as of April 17:60,668
Confirmed cases by region:
• Vancouver Coastal Health: 686
• Fraser Health: 680
• Island Health: 97
• Interior Health: 150
• Northern Health: 34
- Premier Horgan is expected to address calls for support to the province’s rural and remote Indigenous communities during the pandemic. Watch live at 12:45 today, Monday, April 20, by clicking here.
- Business booming for B.C. butchers and local meat producers.
- B.C.’s top health officials are set to update the province’s novel coronavirus case numbers today, Monday, April 20, at 3PM. Click here to watch the press conference live on CTV Vancouver at 3PM.
- Researchers study whether ‘life in lockdown’ is making us more active outside.
- B.C. companies that don’t offer cancellation refunds could be at fault with the law.
- The end of the roll as we know it: Getting to the bottom of a toilet paper shortage.
- COVID-19: Most Canadians would wait before returning to their regular lives.